React Native Developer
Join Bird Buddy’s development team as a React Native Developer if you are interested in building high-performance mobile apps for both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for the architecture and building of applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort and, as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Developing the core Bird Buddy mobile application(s).
- Collaborating with other members of the development team to plan,implement and maintain new features.
- Implementing smooth animations and view transitions to ensure an optimal user experience.
- Maintaining code and preparing technical documentation.
- Working with native modules when required.
- 1+ years of experience working with React Native.
- Familiarity with Redux state/data management.
- Familiarities with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle and Android Studio.
- Positive team player mentality with strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with GraphQL for API communication.
- Familiarity with version control Git (Github).
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Having previously developed a custom React Native module.
- Experience in native Android / iOS development.
- Experience working with video / HLS streams.
- Having published a mobile app on Google Play or App Store.
- Experience with Flipper for debugging React Native apps.
What’s in it for you?
- Kind and smart colleagues who are passionate about bringing people closer to nature.
- The opportunity to help build and improve Bird Buddy as a brand.
- The opportunity to be mentored by a team of professionals that will help you grow exponentially inside the company.
- An open-ended contract with a 6-month probation period.
- Stock options.
Send us your application by 30 May 2022.
About Bird Buddy
Bird Buddy began with a fun idea and a love of nature. From there we launched our smart bird feeder on Kickstarter and became one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever, raising over $12m in pre-sales to date across platforms. Bird Buddy is so much more than a smart bird feeder though. It’s about building a brand and a company that helps people connect with nature and contributes valuable data to global conservation efforts. Of course, we need that beautiful piece of hardware that people would love to have in their yard, but it is the mission, the impact, and the ability to bring joy into the lives of people all over the world that gets us up in the morning.