Join Bird Buddy as the Inventory Accountant and take part in delivering excellence to our customers. Working in a dynamic startup environment, you will have a key role in managing all matters related to inventory policies and procedures, as well as vendor management. You’ll work collaboratively in-person and remotely with team members from around the world in a challenging and professional work environment. As a part of a fast-growing mission-driven company, your time will be spent on meaningful processes and relationships to propel the company forward.
- Oversee all inventory matters relating to policy and procedures
- Collaborating with the Logistics Team to analyze inventory-related transactions in the systems, to expand the use of automation and to ensure the records reflect the actual quantities
- Cooperating with the Logistics Team to calculate and analyze landed costs, as well as resolving issues and discrepancies pertaining to purchase orders, invoices, landed costs, adjustments, etc.
- Analyzing the competitive landscape and partnering with vendors to negotiate favorable terms
- Participating in vendors’ contracts conclusions and renewals as well as participating in agreeing on pricing decision
- Tracking inventory in transit, and reporting and resolving any inventory-related errors or discrepancies
- Assisting and analyzing the return and refund processes while ensuring best practices
- Analyzing, maintaining, and reconciling inventory balances, transfers, transactions and adjustments
- Performing weekly reconciliation between system databases and the general ledger, leveraging system capabilities to improve the process
- Assisting with monthly close process, as it pertains to inventory transactions
- Supporting inventory counts at the warehouse
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field
- You have 5+ years of experience in managing inventory
- You have proven knowledge of US GAAP, accounting principles and procedures
- You have ERP system experience
- You are detail-oriented, proactive, with a positive working attitude
- You are excellent with time management and multi-tasking skills
- You have strong computer skills and an interest in technology and automation to leverage systems
What’s in it for you?
- World-class colleagues
- A fun, kind, and professional work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Five weeks of paid time off
- An inspiring studio space in the center of downtown Kalamazoo
- Travel opportunities to Slovenia and Asia
- Career development opportunities
- Stock options
About Bird Buddy
Bird Buddy began with a fun idea and a love of nature. From there we launched our smart bird feeder on Kickstarter and became one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever, raising over $12m in pre-sales to date across platforms. Bird Buddy is so much more than a smart bird feeder though. It’s about building a brand and a company that helps people connect with nature and contributes valuable data to global conservation efforts. Of course, we need that beautiful piece of hardware that people would love to have in their yard, but it is the mission, the impact, and the ability to bring joy into the lives of people all over the world that gets us up in the morning.