Join Bird Buddy’s development team as a front-end developer! You would be in charge of determining the structure and design implementation of marketing web pages, striking a balance between functionality and aesthetics, and ensuring the ongoing page speed optimization. You would be tasked with helping us achieve goals on conversion rates, A/B testing and flawless user experience in a mobile-first environment. Working closely with the UX/UI teams, growth marketers and content marketers, you would create exceptional eCommerce experiences from perfectly crafted landing pages to high-converting product details pages.
- Converting mockups into functional & responsive mobile-first pages.
- Developing custom elements to enhance user experience.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Shopify webstore maintenance and monitoring.
- Managing and maintaining integrations across the Shopify App ecosystem.
- Developing conversion and feature optimization tests to improve the KPIs driving site and business performance.
- 3+ years of experience working as a front-end developer.
- Previous experience building high-quality, responsive layouts with smooth interactions and animations.
- Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites.
- A willingness to stay up to date on the latest technology and tools in the global eCommerce space.
- Technical problem-solving skills, great attention to detail.
- English language proficiency.
- Some background in node.js / Python / PHP.
- Experience in extending Shopify’s functionalities using storefront APIs or a willingness to invest time into learning it as a top priority.
- Familiarity with Shopify's Hydrogen React Framework and/or Wordpress.
What’s in it for you?
- Kind and smart colleagues who are passionate about bringing people closer to nature.
- The exceptional opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup.
- Career development opportunities with regular educational material.
- An open-ended contract with a 6-month probation period.
- Stock options.
- A minimum of 25 days of paid annual leave.
Send us your application by 10 May 2022.
About Bird Buddy
Bird Buddy began with a fun idea and a love of nature. From there we launched our smart bird feeder on Kickstarter and became one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever, raising over $12m in pre-sales to date across platforms. Bird Buddy is so much more than a smart bird feeder though. It’s about building a brand and a company that helps people connect with nature and contributes valuable data to global conservation efforts. Of course, we need that beautiful piece of hardware that people would love to have in their yard, but it is the mission, the impact, and the ability to bring joy into the lives of people all over the world that gets us up in the morning.